Sunday, April 16, 2017

Making Memories!

I hope you had a great Sunday and spent it with family and friends. Lots of CHOCOLATE?

My goal with this blog is not to present personal 'stuff'. However, I'm going to ignore that for once. The important thing in life is making memories and I had a memorable moment tonight. And yes, I'm bragging just a little!

We skyped with our 6 year old granddaughter who is in kindergarten or Primary as they say in Nova Scotia. Usually, it's me reading stories to her. My Easter surprise: Gale read me the complete original version of Dr. Seuss's Green Eggs and Ham. I was flabbergasted to say the least. What was cute, after each page, she turned the book so I could see the picture. Making memories are so important don't you think?

To end the Easter Day, here's one of Verna's Easter Egg Temari Ornaments. Beautiful, as usual, Verna.



One link:
How to Sharpen Scissors  Has anyone tried this? I have a scissors sharpener by Fiskars (below) and never gave a thought to the methods mentioned in the blog.

Desktop Scissors Sharpener-

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful memory to make and share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful temari ball. As for sharpening scissors - I tried the foil trick and it didn't work, at least not on my scissors. I also tried it with a rotary blade and didn't work for that either. And how delightful to be read to!! Our little one delights me when he goes and gets a book and climbs up in my lap with the words 'Grandma, read. Please?" Just melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete