Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Tea Cosy

I was inspired to write about tea cosies when I happened to see a hand embroidered cottage cozy on line. See it HERE. The embroidery (back & front) is simply fabulous!

In case you are interested in the history of this household item, it can be found HERE. I was getting a bit muddled with the two spellings of this word until I found that cosy is the British version and cozy is American English.

Here are a few more tea cosies, in case you would like to see more:
Below is a Tea Cosy I designed a few years ago. It sold at one of the annual Craft Council of Newfoundland Labrador Christmas Craft Fairs.


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - those are works of art! soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a cosy all the time. I think I need to make a new one after looking at some of these links. Thanks for sharing them. Your cosy is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all that sea theme!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that cottage cozy is gorgeous! I would love to make one like that (despite the fact that I have never used a tea cozy in my life!)

    ReplyDelete