Sunday, January 12, 2014

Stitching With Sulky Sliver Threads

Here's one of my felted sheets before any machine stitching was added. I used different colours of Sulky Sliver Thread to stitch the piece. I find that this really gives texture to the surface. The bobbin has Sulky invisible thread as I find it works best with the Sulky Sliver thread.
It was also interesting to see the light shine through when it was held it up to the light.

This felted piece will be cut into 2" x 3" pieces and put on cards. I have also used smaller pieces for Wearable Art Pins. The pins are usually embellished with beads, hand embroidery and other findings.

Needle Felting before machine stitching

Close-up showing maching stitching with Sulky Sliver Threads

Machine Stitching Complete
Held up to a light, the holes show through
This is the reverse of the above felted piece

Held up to a light, the holes show through

No comments:

Post a Comment