Saturday, December 29, 2012

Book Review

I did a Skype session with my friend on Christmas evening and during the course of the conversation, I mentioned several new books that were added to my library. I highly recommended one to her. She grinned when I showed her the cover - it was just added to her own collection! It's remarkable, how many times this has happened to us over the years. Anyway, the book is Free-Form Embroidery by Judith Baker Montano.

I have several of Judith Baker Montano's books and this one, in my opinion, is her best! She shows  how to create beautiful landscapes and seascapes using traditional stitches along with other embellishments, to create unique works of art. The illustrations and photographs are quite colourful and well done. Even if you are into mostly free-motion machine stitching, the free-form stitches along with her water colour illustrations are very inspirational.

Definitely a book to consider.

Free-Form Embroidery: Transforming Traditional Stitches into Fiber Art

Enjoy!
I know I will . . .

1 comment:

  1. Have that book and you're right! It's awesome!
    Hope you're feeling better. Fighting flu here too. Blech....

    ReplyDelete