Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hooked Rugs

Rug hooking, according to Wikipedia, is 'both an art and a craft where rugs are made by pulling loops of yarn or fabric through a stiff woven base such as burlap, linen, or rug wrap'. My mother told me that my grandmother made all kinds of hooked rugs but I never saw any of them. It is one art form that I have not tried but I do appreciate them. I have seen very elaborate rugs as well as very simple ones. Today, I want to bring your attention to a Newfoundland blog, Anne's Original Hooked Rugs. Anne uses Newfoundland Themes in her rugs. This weekend, Anne announced that one of her rugs was purchased from a museum in Nova Scotia by Anne Murray, a very famous Canadian Singer. Congratulations! Check out her blog for a photo of Anne Murray holding her newly purchased rug. I love the vivid colours used in this piece. While there, have a look at other rugs Anne has created - you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very popular hobby all around the world is creating hooked rugs.It could be forgiven for thinking that there is no place left for hand hooked rugs.

    ReplyDelete