Saturday, September 10, 2011

Design is Everywhere

Design is everywhere around us. I sometimes find it in unexpected places. 

For example, last weekend we were at Digby, Nova Scotia, where the annual Wharf Rat Rally was held. For those of you unfamiliar with this event, this is a rally for bikers. There were thousands of people with all kinds of motorcycles. The main street was shut down to all traffic except bikers and pedestrians. I'm not into motorcycles but I was impressed with the wide range of colours and designs of the various bikes. Big money is spent on customizing them. The imagery painted on some of the bikes was spectacular. I may not use any of the designs from the imagery I saw in my work, but who knows what tidbit from the whole experience might just influence something I do.

Remember, it's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment