Friday, December 17, 2010

Ai Weiwei: 100 Million Sunflower Seeds

The Tate Modern was one of the places I visited while in London. The Ai Weiwei exhibition of 100 Million Sunflower Seeds was of particular interest and is on exhibit until May 2, 2011. At the time it was possible to walk on the surface of the work, which I did. However, a couple of days after my visit, that part of the exhibit was stopped. Apparently the dust from the porcelain was proving to be a health hazard. Now visitors can look upon the sunflower seeds from the Turbine Hall bridge or viewed up close from the edge of the exhibit. These photos were taken by my friend. In the last photo, I am holding some of the 'seeds' in my hand. The whole room in the second photo is covered with the porcelain seeds.

To learn about this extraordinary work, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment