Sunday, September 5, 2010

Block of the Month - Snowbound

Bunny Hill Designs has a Block of the Month freebie pattern for you to applique. It's called Snow Bound. If your guild is having an auction or challenge, these blocks would make wonderful wall hangings. You could even do a quilt using the different blocks! The best part is the fact that you can take a block to do anywhere. Check out the blocks on the Flickr Site. Quilters have been busy!
Tip
This tip is one I use for any needle work project. Instead of inserting my needle in the fabric when I'm done stitching or just stopping for a minute, I have two small earth magnets attached to the front and the back of the fabric where I lay the needle. It is quite strong and I have never lost a needle. In fact, it can even hold a pair of small scissors when necessary. I got my magnets at Lee Valley Tools but check out your local craft store too.
Earth Magnets, Lee Valley Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment