Tuesday, July 20, 2010

L. Z. Products

During the last week of my Chicago visit, I was given a business card by a friend of my daughter. It was for L. Z. Products, a hugh textile discount outlet. I didn't think I would get there this trip as it was a long bus ride away and the weather was hot. However, my husband asked if there was something I wanted to do before leaving the city! Big mistake! HA! So of course, I got to shop at this three level store housed in an old brick factory. It was quite a large shop. I had never been in such a space as this before - three floors. There were rolls of fabrics on the walls and on free standing displays. Many of them were colour coordinated . One room had every type of trim/fringe/tassels/ribbons imaginable while another contained drapery material. There was also lots of different upholstery and cushion fabrics. I didn't see much in the way of quilter's cotton except a collection of African prints. But then, I really didn't get to see everything this trip. My husband decided to drop in as it was too hot to wait in the vehicle. There was lots of prom dress fabrics, glittery tulle/sparkly organza - the kind of stuff I like to use in my art work. I did manage to buy some of that kind of fabric. I will definitely go back to this spot on my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment